KMUH has accumulated more than 20 years of experience in percutaneous coronary intervention(PCI) since 1994. Currently more than 90% of our procedures are performed by transradial approach. The overall success rate is over 95%.
Cardiovascular Center in KMUH has average of 1400 cardiac catheterization procedures per year. As a leading medical center, KMUH has also introduced the first Hybrid Catheterization Laboratory- Bipanel Detector Cardiac Digital Angiography System in southern Taiwan. Combining traditional low-dose, fast CT scanning with 3D angiography software, the system allows patients to save time to perform procedure.
Since 2013, KMUH started to do Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) for elder patients with aortic stenosis who are not suitable to receive traditional open heart surgery. A new artificial valve is implanted through cardiac catheter. TAVI is a new technology with high successful rate and low risk, and KMUH is the only hospital which is certified to conduct TAVI in southern Taiwan.
* Featured items：
1. Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
2. 24 hours Instant Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA)
3. Electrophysiologic Study & Ablation
4. Ablation for Complex Arrhythmia
5. Implantable Cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) Implementation Surgery
6. Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy, CRT
7. Intraaortic Balloon Pumping, IABP
8. Transcatheter Radiofrequency Ablation for Cardiac Arrthythmias
9. Transcatheter Renal Denervation